I migrated an Android app to AndroidX with the help of the Refactor option from Android Studio. After all the references in the java files were updated,
I ran into the below error when I tried running my app.
android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #2 in <>: Error inflating class androidx.constraintlayout.ConstraintLayout
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #2 in <>: Error inflating class androidx.constraintlayout.ConstraintLayout
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: androidx.constraintlayout.ConstraintLayout
After a bit of head scratching and internet search, I was able to fix it by simply changing the declaration in the layout XML file.
I was expecting atleasst the IDE to throw an error, but had to find and fix it the hard way.
For no reason, I was reminded of a simple code snippet to swap (interchange) two numbers that I had discovered in my early programming days.
I may have used it once or twice in my 10 years of being a professional software developer.
Swapping two numbers is a common use case when working with some algorithms and the like.
Replaying a video game from long time back, and make some notes.
Solving an error when using a Toast from within a Fragment
To simplify a process, I had to quickly build a utility app to create report based on status from a large number of emails on a daily basis.
I had always planned to refactor the single Java source file into a proper design when I found some free time.
That’s how I got to implement my version of the Pipeline Design Pattern.